Friday, April 29, 2016

Sometimes It's Good to Laugh



I was reading a novel yesterday (“Who in Hell is Wanda Fuca?”, by G.M. Ford ---- yes, that IS the title, and yes, that IS the author) when I read a few well-put lines which made me smile; perhaps they’ll brighten your day also.
The main character was borrowing an old clunker from the backyard of a friend.  When he finally got it started after 5 or 6 tries, eventually it began to run smooth, and then he said: “I gunned it, looking in the mirror.  It looked like I was crop dusting.  Thick blue smoke billowed into the air.”  A bit later he drives off.  “All in all, the Buick drove pretty well, a bit spongy in the turns perhaps, and the squealing of the brakes would probably open garage doors within a three mile radius, but overall not too bad.”
Yeh, I guess I’ve got too much time on my hands, but sometimes you gotta laugh.  :- )

No comments:

Post a Comment